Monday, April 4, 2011

Too much stuff

Ok, now like most people I have a sick fascination with the show Hoarders.  But maybe it's because I know that I'm just a few bad choices away from ending up on that show.  Now don't get me wrong I'm not the nasty rotting food, dead animal hoarder. I'm the "ooh I need that pair of scrapbooking scissors because the other dozen pairs I have don't make that shape".  Or I'm the, "no I can't get rid of any of my darling angels clothes even though I have no plans on having more children" person.  I'm trying very hard to downsize everything. I have a very large garage sale stack growing.  I'm making some hard choices about items that don't really have any personal meaning just that I've been lugging it around for about 7 years.  Worse my husband is almost as bad as me.  We spent a half hour sorting through cables that he swears fit to specific items and that we couldn't possibly part with.  And I won't even get started on his Lego collection. 

But after our move from Washington state I know visually how big a 12x16 moving truck is and that is what we are hoping to fill with our next move.  I'm not so sure we can do it. We moved into a house just under 900 square feet when we moved to Indy, now we are in 3000 square feet and it's stuffed.   And get this we put together two awesome matching Ikea computer desks in our office and now realize there is no way to get them out of the room in one piece.  If you have ever taken apart an Ikea item you know that really wasn't what they intended with their easy assemble yourself products.  I think we are officially at the point of no return, we have made it too far in the process to stop now.  We must grin and bear it and hope we survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment