Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Good news is always welcome

So we met with our realtor last night and boy was I nervous. We have a few projects around the house that need to be done. Our bathrooms haven't been updated, we are in serious need of paint touch ups, so I was afraid he would give us a low ball estimate on what our house could sell for.  In my nightmares he would say we couldn't even get as much as we owed on it.  But fear not! He gave us the best news, that he believes once we spruce up a bit we will actually be able to list for more than we were hoping for.  And he assured us that people are buying.  He came with tons of information for us, packets of current homes for sale, comparisons and a packet of homes that have sold since the beginning of the year including the ones he's sold.  He showed us all the ways he will showcase our home, including getting it on TV. All in all it was nice to talk to him and I loved how prepared he was for us. He was very encouraging and he certainly lit a fire under us! We are shooting for May 1st although that might be a little of a time crunch.  He also gave us some numbers of very affordable painter/handymen that we may be able to pay to help us meet our deadline.

So Florida is looking closer and closer.  I dreamed last night about the time I visited Orlando in July, it was hot and sunny and sticky with humidity and I'm thinking I'll be ok with that again lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment